Recipe by Team Westcott
A very tasty black bean recipe that is easy to make and is fabulous in any number of Mexican-style foods, including burritos, tacos, and nachos. Based on a recipe found in the 7 Secrets Cookbook (a vegan cookbook.)
- 2 (390 g) cans no-salt-added black beans (in water)
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat black beans in water to boil.
- Add all ingredients, bring to boil, and simmer on low stirring frequently until thick (note: to make the recipe vegan, use a chicken-like seasoning, such as McKay's chicken style seasoning.).
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.