Recipe by Please Delete
Simple recipe for black beans and easy to make.
Top Review by flower7
My first reaction when tasting this was "Ooooo - yum!" This is a really really tasty dish! I only made two slight changes - I shredded the carrot instead of chopping and left out the coriander/cilantro as I don't care for it. Thanks so much for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cooked black beans (drained and rinsed if canned)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat garlic and oil over moderate heat until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, carrot and jalapeno.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in beans, coriander, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring till heated through.
- Keep warm till serving time.