1/2 Photos of Cuban Black Bean Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Great for black bean lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice (from 1 cup dry)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, with seeds, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 946.0 ml chicken broth or 946.0 ml vegetable broth
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- cayenne pepper
- 1Prepare marinated rice by mixing together the ingredients.
- 2Let marinate at room temperature, if making soup right away. Otherwise, cover, refrigerate, and marinate up to 1 day. Let rice come to room temperature before serving.
- 3Rinse beans in a strainer until canning juices run clear.
- 4Heat olive oil over medium high, and add onions. Saute for a few minutes.
- 5Add jalapenos, bell peppers and garlic; cook until softened.
- 6Stir in spices.
- 7Add broth, vinegar and beans.
- 8Cover and simmer 30 minutes (or longer, if desired), stirring occasionally.
- 9Taste for salt and spiciness. Add cayenne pepper, if more heat is desired.
- 10Serve soup in bowls over a scoop of rice. Top with cilantro and yogurt, if desired.
- 11Store left-over rice separately from soup, so liquid will not all be absorbed.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g