Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice bean salad I adapted from one I had in our local cuban restaurant.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toss together beans, yellow and red peppers, celery, onion and parsley.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic& cumin and toss into bean mixture.
Quite tasty and very easy. It needed some salt. Next I want to try it with lime juice.
Everybody loved this recipe. Easy to make, very fresh!
Exactly what I was looking for! I used lime juice instead of lemon juice, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. We ate this salad with some flank steak and grilled veggies, and it was delicious. The cumin is PERFECT and gives this salad its "kick". My parents and sister were raving about this salad, they said I should definitely make this every time we grill out. I could do that, since the ingredients are pretty easy to keep on hand. Yummmmm!