Cooking Light, MARCH 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1To prepare rice, cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place rice in a large bowl. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add pineapple; sauté 4 minutes or just until pineapple begins to brown. Add pineapple mixture, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to rice in bowl; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- 3To prepare patties, place 1 1/2 cups beans, garlic, cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl; partially mash with a fork.
- 4Place 1/2 cup remaining beans and egg white in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until well combined.
- 5Add bean puree to mashed beans in bowl, and stir until combined. Add cheese and onion to bean mixture; stir until combined.
- 6Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Dredge both sides of each patty in cornmeal.
- 7Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 8Spoon about 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 patty and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Black Bean Patties With Pineapple Rice
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 793.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g