Recipe by Acerast
This is a quick and delicious recipe that we enjoy at our house. We serve it with toasted baguette rounds, warm pita, and/or fresh veggie dippers. It is from "Memories of a Cuban Kitchen" by Mary Urrutia Randelman. Delicioso!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
How is it that my review is not showing? I copied this recipe into my keeper file long ago and make it all of the time for parties. It is a quick and easy appetizer, everyone loves it, and it is really delicious. It goes great with tortilla chips. I never change a thing, I make as written. Thanks!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (Spanish for a Cuban taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (up to one week).
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with toasted baguette rounds, pita or fresh vegetable sticks/slices/rounds.