1/1 Photo of Cuban Beet Salad
1 hr 5 mins
This is a beautiful side dish. Very simple - it let's the ingredients speak for themselves. I serve this with Carnitas and Tangy Citrus Slaw.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the beets and cut off the tops, leaving about an inch of stem. Cook the beets according to your preference - roasted or boiled. Either way, it will take about 45 minutes. The beets should be tender and easily pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, put a kettle of water on to boil. Place the thinly sliced red onion in a sieve and pour the boiling water over them, allowing the water to drain into the sink. This will take the harshness from the onions.
- 3Peel and slice the beets. You can cut them into thin wedges, or cut the beets in half and then into 1/4 inch slices.
- 4Place beets, onions, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Season with a bit of salt.
- 5Cover and chill for at least an hour to let the flavors marry. Can be served cool or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g