Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderfully fresh "dip" if you want to use it as that - but is also good inside tacos, omelettes, as a side to grilled pork, fish or chicken - whatever you want to use it for.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes. Chill well - overnight is best. Mix in tomatoes just before serving.
I have been on a black bean kick and have been trying out different recipes. I LOVED this one. It tastes like a naked burrito.
DELICIOUS!!! I can't leave the well deserved five stars just yet because I didn't make this recipe myself but I will make it soon and come back to add the stars. My coworker made this for potluck lunch at work today and it was gone waaay before the lunch. We all could not stop eating and we all went home with the recipe. I think I would like to add some avocado to this dip but I had to let you know this is a fantastic recipe!:) UPDATE: I've made this recipe now several times and it's incredibly easy and I am so addicted. It's DELICIOUS!