1/1 Photo of Cuban Ahi With Banana-Mango Chutney
The sweet & sour flavors are wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (we prefer the flakes) or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (we prefer the flakes)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 medium bananas, sliced, divided
- 12 ounces mangoes, slices divided
- 1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 4 (7 ounce) ahi tuna steaks
- 1Combine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, pepper, cinnamon and minced garlic in a saucepan.
- 2Heat to simmer, stirring and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Peel 4 bananas, slice and add to saucepan.
- 4Add 1 cup diced mangoes.
- 5Heat fruit mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- 6Slice and add remaining bananas to chutney.
- 7Add remaining diced mangoes and raisins.
- 8Stir to mix well, remove from heat, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 9In a hot, non-stick saute pan or grill, sear Ahi steaks until dark brown on all four sides, keeping them rare in the center.
- 10Serve chutney over seared Ahi steaks with a rice dish, vegetable and a lovely salad, oc course being topped off with a decadent dessert!
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Ahi With Banana-Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 95.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 84.5 g
- Protein 49.7 g