1/1 Photo of Cuba Libre Cupcakes
I got this recipe from the coconutlime blog http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/2007/01/cuba-libre-cupcakes.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line or grease and flour 1 12 cupcake cupcake pan.
- 3In a small saucepan, heat butter, coca cola and rum to boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Mix together lime juice and milk in a small bowl* or measuring cup and set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add the cooled butter/coke mixture and beat until well combined.
- 7Add egg, beat then pour in the milk. Mix until combined. The batter will be rather thin.
- 8Fill each well 2/3 of the way full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove cupcakes to wire racks as soon as possible to cool.
- 9Frost with Chocolate Rum Cream Cheese Frosting when cool.
- 10Garnish with a wedge of lime.
- 11*This will sour the milk a bit. Do not worry if it looks slightly curdled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuba Libre Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g