Recipe by hokiegal
Easiest cobbler with 4 ingredients-and can be made with whatever fruit is in season or with canned pie filling.
Top Review by Mrs. Ed
Excellent! I used a yellow cake mix and peaches. I put a little peach juice from the can in the batter along with a dash of cinnamon. It was great! I will definitely make this again.
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, flavor varies depending on fruit used
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (21 ounce) canfruit pie filling or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh fruit or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen fruit
- sugar, if needed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in 13x9-inch casserole (can use smaller-but cook longer). Mix cake mix with milk to form batter.
- Pour batter on top of melted margarine.
- Spoon fruit on top of batter-DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
- Check to see when cake is done with toothpick.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- NOTE: Can be adapted to cook in a Dutch oven on campfire.
- NOTE: This is good with chocolate cake/cherry pie filling OR yellow cake mix and any fruit OR spice cake/apples or peaches.