Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This traditional beverage tastes like a refreshing juice-bar smoothie.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 4 oranges, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 banana
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pan.
- Add the oatmeal.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until oatmeal thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a juicer, extract juice from the oranges and carrots.
- Place the juice, pineapple, banana, honey, spices, and reserved oatmeal in a blender.
- Mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.