Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy-peasy Italian tastiness! Just the main dish and you add sides. Four ingredients, full flavor, but very basic. Set a timer if you have to, but don't overcook!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen or 5 -6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (25 ounce) jarorganic marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Place FROZEN chicken breasts in a 5-qt slow cooker. Schmeer the garlic over the chicken. Pour the sauce over that. Sprinkle the seasoning over that.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low. The more stacked the chicken, the more time it needs. If you use thawed chicken, it will cook in about 2 hours, and won't be as flavorful. If you place in one layer, it will cook in about 3 hours.
- I set my timer to start about 5.5 hours before dinner, and make sure I'm home at least .5 hours ahead of that to keep an eye on it. You don't want overcooked/overcrocked chicken breasts.
- Serving suggestion: On a bed of organic, whole wheat spaghetti, with sides of broccoli florets and/or Caesar salads.
This was just like the title said easy and really quite tasty. I following the instructions only cutting the recipe down a little and using boneless chicken thighs. Next time I might try adding some sliced onions and peppers but this will be going into our rotation for busy days. Made for Spring PAC 2013.