Recipe by ct in ut
After lots of experiments I came up with this recipe to find a healthier option for breakfast. My family really enjoys these for taste & convenience.
- cooking spray
- 8 eggs, patties already cooked & cut into rectangles (prefer Ct's Baked Egg Patties - Easy & Lean)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch size)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (prefer Ct's Salsa - Pantry Friendly & Easy)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baking potatoes (already cooked & diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9"x13" glass pan with cooking spray.
- Warm 4 tortillas at a time in 1200 watt microwave for 30 sec, then turn stack over onto glass plate.
- Spread 1TB salsa across the middle of one tortilla.
- Put on 1 egg pattie on the salsa.
- Put 1/4 cup cheese on the egg pattie.
- Put 1/4 cup potatoes on the cheese.
- Now roll into a burrito & set seam side down in pan with a lid or put each burrito into plastic wrap.
- Microwave each burrito for 45 seconds & eat.
- Store in fridge up to 7 days.
- Notes: You can use 8 eggs scrambled & seasoned instead of patties. You can use tater tots in place of the diced potatoes. I prefer the way I wrote the recipe because it is better tasting & tater tots can be very fatty. Sometimes I leave out the potatoes, it is still tasty but less filling.