1 hr 10 mins
run for your life's Note:
My good friend brought these to us after we had a baby. I had to have the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken-flavor easy rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 10 -12 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1Start by cooking the rice in a saucepan according to package directions. When finished remove from heat and set aside.
- 2While that is cooking, sauté the onion and garlic till opaque. Salt to taste.
- 3Add chicken to the pan and cook through.
- 4Add taco seasoning to chicken.
- 5When chicken is coated and cooked, add beans (rinsed and drained) and tomatoes (not drained!) to chicken mixture. Heat through.
- 6Pour 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce into a greased 9x13 glass pan. Spread evenly over the pan.
- 7Add a spoonful of rice and chicken mixture to each room temp tortilla, roll into a burrito and lay seam side down in the pan. Appx. 6 burritos fit in a pan.
- 8Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- 9Cover with cheese.
- 10Bake at 350 for 30-40 minute.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crystals Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 2675.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 43.7 g