Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My good friend brought these to us after we had a baby. I had to have the recipe!
- 1 (7 ounce) packagechicken-flavor easy rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 10 -12 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- Start by cooking the rice in a saucepan according to package directions. When finished remove from heat and set aside.
- While that is cooking, sauté the onion and garlic till opaque. Salt to taste.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook through.
- Add taco seasoning to chicken.
- When chicken is coated and cooked, add beans (rinsed and drained) and tomatoes (not drained!) to chicken mixture. Heat through.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce into a greased 9x13 glass pan. Spread evenly over the pan.
- Add a spoonful of rice and chicken mixture to each room temp tortilla, roll into a burrito and lay seam side down in the pan. Appx. 6 burritos fit in a pan.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minute.