Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We had a local restaurant that made a monster sized sandwich very similar to this one. It was the only thing I ever ordered there. When the restaurant suddenly closed, it was up to me to try to recreate this favorite. I think I got it pretty close to the original. It is very messy to eat, but worth it!
- 4 slices honey-wheat bread
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- alfalfa sprout
- Place avocado slices on top of 2 slices of bread.
- Top each with 3 slices of crispy bacon.
- top with slice mushrooms.
- top with shredded cheese.
- drizzle each with 1 TBSP thousand island dressing.
- top with alfalfa sprouts.
- Cover with another slice of bread.
This is a no-brainer--my favorite ingredients, perfect proportions, and since I keep cooked bacon in the freezer, it's an easy lunch or dinner. And, yep, it's nice and messy! I made it again the next day with toasted bread and actually like that even better!