1/3 Photos of Crystallized Orange Nuts
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried it yet, but it's so quick and easy, has readily available ingredients, and looks so good, I might just make it before the day is out! The recipe comes from the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - a collection of traditional recipes from contemporary kosher kitchen. It was listed in the Passover section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a large cookie sheet (one that has sides).
- 2Using a 2 quart glass baking dish, pour orange juice into sugar, and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover with plastic wrap, but leave a corner open to vent.
- 3Microwave on medium for 6 minutes. Stir and continue to cook on medium for about 4 - 6 more minutes until the syrup crystallizes (check after 4 minutes, and then each minute thereafter).
- 4As soon as it's crystallized, spread glazed nuts on the buttered cookie sheet evenly, separating the nuts. Let it cool completely.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crystallized Orange Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g