Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crystallized edible flowers, perfect for cake decoration.
Make and share this Crystallized Flowers recipe from Food.com.
- fresh edible flower (rose petals or violets are excellent choices)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- superfine sugar
- Combine egg white and water and whisk until frothy.
- Using tweezers, dip each flower or petal in egg white mixture.
- Alternatively, you may brush egg white mixture on with a soft, clean paintbrush.
- Shake gently to remove excess egg mixture.
- Dip each flower or petal into a bowl of sugar.
- Shake off excess sugar.
- Place flowers or petals on a wire rack covered with paper towels.
- Allow crystallized flowers and petals to dry completely.
- Store in an airtight tin lined with waxed paper.
I used this recipe several years ago with mint leaves to decorate a mint-flavored birthday cake. Easy and it turned out very well- just be sure to let it dry completely.