Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very nice recipe for two, and doubles easily.
Make and share this Crystal Shrimp with Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped large
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped large
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Blend the sweet and sour sauce and water-set aside.
- Place cornstarch into a large plastic bag.
- Coat shrimp with egg whites and add to the cornstarch.
- Shake to coat shrimp.
- Heat 1 T.
- of the oil in a hot wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until pink and curled.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and quickly stir fry the carrots, peppers and onions, around 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sweet and sour sauce.
- cook and stir until shrimp and veggies are coated in sauce.
- Add sesame seeds, stir and serve with rice.