Recipe by Lvs2Cook
From California Almonds, this recipe was a huge hit at my Christmas party last year. It's simple to make and would make great gifts. Time does not include cooling down after rolling in sugar.
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread almonds in a shallow pan.
- Place in a cold oven; turn oven to 350 degrees and roast almonds 12 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until almonds are well roasted.
- (I take them out when I can smell them).
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, heat honey and butter to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds; simmer and stir for 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a baking sheet coated with Pam (I used parchment paper instead); spread in a single layer and let cool slightly.
- Toss almonds with turbinado sugar to coat.