Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From California Almonds, this recipe was a huge hit at my Christmas party last year. It's simple to make and would make great gifts. Time does not include cooling down after rolling in sugar.
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- Spread almonds in a shallow pan.
- Place in a cold oven; turn oven to 350 degrees and roast almonds 12 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until almonds are well roasted.
- (I take them out when I can smell them).
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, heat honey and butter to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds; simmer and stir for 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a baking sheet coated with Pam (I used parchment paper instead); spread in a single layer and let cool slightly.
- Toss almonds with turbinado sugar to coat.
These were a hit, but the flavor of the honey was overwhelming. Next time I'll add some vanilla extract to round out the flavor a bit. Thanks!
Yummy! It took a few tries to master how long to let the almonds cool before using the "Sugar in the Raw", but these are super tasty!
Thank you for the recipe it was exactly the one I wanted. I can not wait to make it. Now ,if I can just find the turbinado sugar.