Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A baked appetizer. Spread on toasted baguette
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 scallions, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wild mushrooms, stems removed and caps cut into bite-size pieces (shiitakes, chanterelles, (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the scallions and garlic; cook/stir about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Layer half the mushrooms in the prepared casserole; spoon half the scallion/garlic mixture on top; sprinkle with half the parsley and half the thyme.
- Make another layer with the remaining mushrooms, scallion/garlic mixture, parsley, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half and wine; pour over the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper; bake 15 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and baste the mushrooms with the liquid; sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top; bake uncovered, 10-15 minutes, until crusty.
- Serve spread on toasted baguette.