Crusty Wild Mushroom Bake
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the scallions and garlic; cook/stir about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Layer half the mushrooms in the prepared casserole; spoon half the scallion/garlic mixture on top; sprinkle with half the parsley and half the thyme.
- Make another layer with the remaining mushrooms, scallion/garlic mixture, parsley, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, beat the half-and-half and wine; pour over the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper; bake 15 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and baste the mushrooms with the liquid; sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top; bake uncovered, 10-15 minutes, until crusty.
- Serve spread on toasted baguette.