Recipe by WarmFeather
very yummy rye bread. I make the dough in the bread machine then bake it at 400 degrees in the oven, for 35 mins. egg white is to give it an egg wash last 10 mins of baking. cooking time includes rise time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups naturally white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum
- 3 tablespoons powdered soy protein concentrate (or milk powder, soy milk powder, zaar rearranges the desciption)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions. The caraway seeds are added at the fruit and nut signal. Depending on your machine this could be anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes into the cycle. Remember, when adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will insure the proper timing of the yeast reaction. This bread is processed at the Whole Wheat cycle.