Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is originally from Madam Benoit's Lamb Cookbook. It was printed in Edith Adam"s cottage column in the Vancouver Sun Paper about 25 years ago and has graced my table at least once per year since. Tasty crusty lamb. You'll get raves over this recipe. The parsley is so good with lamb.The preparation time does not include the 2 hours in the fridge nor the 1 hour resting.
- 2 racks of lamb (1 1/2 lbs each)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, finely crumbled
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian)
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim any excess fat from the racks.
- Mix all the remaining ingredient together mix well (you may want to increase the oil slightly the mixture should hold together).
- Place half the mixture on top of each rack.
- Press firmly so it is solidly in place.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap& refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- One hour before roasting take out of fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Place on a rack in a shallow pan and roast in a 375 oven for 30 min to 45 min Do not over cook
- Check your internal temp for pink it should read 160F degrees.