Recipe by Budgiegirl
This recipe makes 2 different meals. Use the leftovers to make Yummy Pork Fried Rice.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 10 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 apple, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix parsley, lemon zest, garlic, oil, ¼ tsp salt and the to a paste in a small bowl.
- Place the pork in the baking dish. Spread the parsley mixture evenly over the top of the pork and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potato slices and water in a small microwavable dish.
- Cover and microwave on high until parcooked, 3 minutes, drain.
- Place sweet potato slices and apple wedges around the pork.
- Lightly spray sweet potatoes and apple wedges with nonstick spray; then sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and remaining ¼ tsp salt.
- Roast until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork registers160 and sweet potato and apple is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cover lightly with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pork crosswise in two. Wrap half and refrigerate for up to 3 days for later use.
- Cut the remaining pork into 6-8 slices and serve with sweet potato and apple.