Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
From the Kitchen aid mixer cookbook. Can be doubled.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105F to 115F)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
- Add salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cups flour.
- Attach bowl and dough hook.
- Turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minutes.
- Continue on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl.
- Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Shape dough into pizzas.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Bake 450 10-15 for small pizzas.
Not giving any stars yet, as I am still working with this recipe. However, there is no way this is right. I had to add about 3/4 c water to the 1 cup of initial water to make this thing come together. Also looks like it will make two pizzas, not just one. ** Good basic recipe for stromboli or pizza crust. Stromboli takes about 20 minutes at 450. This might also make a good plain loaf of bread as well. I added some dried herbs and spices for extra kick! YUM! :) ** A second attempt revealed that a 1 hr rise followed by an 8 hr rest/rise on the counter gives a truly crunchy crust.