Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This was a delicious and non fattening recipe that I invented and came out exceptionally well! I have to lose weight and lower my triglycerides so I am changing my style of eating...I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- 2 flounder fillets
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Combine in a small bowl, mayonaise and grated parmesan cheese.
- Toast one slice of whole wheat multi grain bread and let it cool til it is hard and grate it.
- Spread mayonaise and parmesan mixture on the top of the fillets and sprinkle bread crumbs on top of this mixture on the fillets.
- I used some oregano and Greek Seasoning on mine, but to each his own in taste with the spices and herbs.
- I broiled the fillets and this is tricky as to the thickness of your fillets, so I advise watching them carefully so as not to over cook.
- I served these with a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Also, sliced some tomatoes and seasoned them with some cracked pepper and apple cider vinegar.
- Bon Appetite!
We liked this. I added garlic to the mayonnaise mixture. For us, we needed more breadcrumbs for a crisper topping. Otherwise, very good. We will make it again with the garlic and extra breadcrumbs. Thanks for posting!
I thought I would try to pan fry it. I think I would've been a little more successful if the mayo mix wasn't in it. I will try the broiler next time. I didn't have Italian seasoning but I combined ground ginger, powdered garlic, paprika, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper. Overall it had a good taste but it kinda crumbled with my pan cook.