3 hrs 20 mins
Pan De Sal is famous in the Philippines. It's mostly eaten in the morning with butter or jelly and for snack. This recipe was passed down to me by my Aunt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shortening, sugar, salt and boiling water in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Add warm water and sprinkle in dry yeast.
- 4Stir until dissolved.
- 5Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Add flour gradually and turn out on a lighlty floured board.
- 7Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 8Place in a greased bowl and brush with shortening.
- 9Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size- about 1- 1 1/2 hour.
- 10Punch down and turn out on a lighlty floured board.
- 11Divide dough into 24 equal parts and shape into ovals.
- 12Roll lightly in bread crumbs.
- 13Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 14(spread 6 inches apart).
- 15Cover, let rise in warm place, free from draft, until light- about 1 hour.
- 16Bake at 425 degrees, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Pan De Sal
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g