1/1 Photo of Crusty Oven-Fried Fish
The fish in this recipe is actually fried in oil in the oven - it is not a low-fat alternative! The flavour and crunch are perfect. The recipe came from the March 08 copy of recipes+ magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oregano on a large plate, and place flour and egg in separate bowls.
- 3Dip fish, one piece at a time, into flour; shake off excess. Then dip into egg to coat lightly, and coat well with breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with other pieces of fish.
- 4Place fish on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 15 minutes.
- 5While fish is chilling, place oil in a large roasting pan in oven and heat until a cube of bread turns golden brown in 20 seconds.
- 6Carefully place fish into hot oil in pan in oven. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, then turn fish carefully. Cook further 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Remove pan from oven and transfer fish to paper towel to drain.
- 8Serve with a salad and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Oven-Fried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1290.6
- Calories from Fat 1051
- Total Fat 116.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 427.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g