Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker "Bread machine" booklet. I haven't try it yet, but it looks great on the picture.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Measure carefully placing all ingredients except 3 Tbs. olive oil and 1 Tbs. kosher salt in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Dough/Manual cycle.
- Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Knead 5 minutes on lightly floured surface (if necessary, knead enough flour to make dough easy to handle). Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Pat or roll dough into 12-inch circle on cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place about 10 minutes or until almost double.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prick dough with fork 1-inch intervals. Brush with 3 Tbs. olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack.
I did something really stupid with this - I left out the yeast!!! But it makes a great flat bread and the taste was great. So it definitely wasn't wasted LOL. Take 2 with the yeast - big hit with the whole family.
I have not made this recipe yet, however, I'd like to in the near future. I noticed that the recipe itself only calls for 1/4 cup of flour. This seems like too little flour to me, is this amount correct?