This recipe came from Epicurious. Using meatloaf mix — a combination of ground beef, veal, and pork — ensures a juicy result. While the meatloaf cooks, mash some potatoes and saute some green beans with garlic. Warm apple pie from the bakery is the perfect finale to this All-American dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 lbs ground meat, use meatloaf mix of equal parts of beef, pork, and veal if you can find it
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F
- 2Mix 1/2 cup broth and oats in medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Mix in meat, onion, egg, dill, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 4Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet; shape into two 3x6-inch rectangular loaves.
- 5Bake meatloaves until browned and cooked through and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F, about 25 minutes.
- 6Using large spatula, transfer loaves to platter.
- 7Place baking sheet directly atop 2 burners. Add remaining 1/2-cup broth to sheet.
- 8Boil pan juices over high heat until reduced by half, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- 9Pour sauce over loaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Mustard-Dill Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: