Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Like a thief in the night, I snatched this from another board. Haven't made this yet, but it is on my "definate will try" list. It looks as though this can easily be halved.
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 dash hot pepper flakes or 1 dash taco seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Saute onion in medium saucepan in butter till tender.
- Do not brown.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add mushroom soup and stir in well.
- Add lightly beaten eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine with a spoon the bisquick mix, 1 cup of cheese and parsley.
- Add soup mixture all at once.
- Stir just until blended.
- Do not beat.
- Brush 2 8-inch round cake pans with shortening.
- Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over both pans and optional spices if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve hot.