1/3 Photos of Crusty Meatball Pasta-Low Fat, Hi Energy
I found this recipe in a low fat hi energy cookbook, but tweaked it slightly. I use wholegrain pasta, but the original recipe used regular..entirely up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g passata
- 9.85 ml dark muscovado sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- grated rind of one lemon
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 75 g white bread, crusts removed
- 250 g ground lean pork
- 1 egg
- 300 g wholegrain pasta
- 0.25 ml chili flakes (optional)
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1Put the passata, sugar, oregano, garlic powder and chilli flakes in a large pan and heat gently.
- 2Put the fresh garlic, chilli, parsley and lemon rind into a processor and whizz together until finely chopped. Add the bread and whizz to make crumbs, then add the pork mince, egg and seasonings, and pulse briefly until well blended-don't over do it though!
- 3Shape the mixture into about 20 small meatballs and drop them into the sauce and simmer about 20 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain and toss with the sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and scatter with the parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Meatball Pasta-Low Fat, Hi Energy
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 890.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: