Recipe by Sooz Cooks
This two step process makes this crunchy garlic bread taste like perfection!! And the smell.... well, just TRY IT!
Top Review by diner524
This a nice crunchy bread. Both my kids felt it was more of a herb bread, than garlic bread, as they overpowered the garlic. I followed the directions as written, except for 1/2 a loaf, as there was only 3 of us. I would definitely make again, but for our family taste, would cut back on the herbs and maybe add some cheese. Thanks for sharing SoozieQ. Made for photo tag.
- 1 loaf Italian bread (make sure it is a nice loaf, not your supermarket bakery loaf!) or 1 loaf French bread (make sure it is a nice loaf, not your supermarket bakery loaf!)
Garlic Butter Spread
- 3⁄4 cup butter (NOT MARGARINE!)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped very finely
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl add butter and allow butter to sit for a couple of hours to come to room temperature. You can also microwave until it is at room temperature as well, but do not allow butter to melt!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the garlic and parsley to the butter and mix well.
- Rub the basil and oregano between the palms of your hands to release the flavor and throw in the bowl. Mix content of the bowl well.
- Remove about 1/3 of the Garlic Butter Spread to use later.
- Cut your bread in half the long way. Spread about 2/3 of the Garlic Butter Spread onto the halves of the bread. Place each half directly on your oven rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool until you can handle the loaves.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Slice bread into thick slices (about 2" thick). Place bread on cookie sheet and spread with the extra Garlic Butter Spread.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and broil bread slices for 3 - 5 minutes, or until nicely browned to your taste. Make sure to watch VERY carefully so bread does not burn.
- Place a large clean kitchen towel in a bread basket and wrap the towel over the bread until served but no more than a couple of minutes or bread could get soggy!
- In my house, this serves about 3 or 4 because we eat this bread like CRAZY!