Top Review by Hey Jude
My husband and I enjoyed these wonderful sandwiches today for lunch. Very tasty and I loved the flavor of the Parmesan/butter mixture. I forgot to put the basil in but I did use it as a garnish. I constructed ours a little differently....I buttered the first slices of bread, laid them in a cold skillet, then assembled the rest of the sandwich right in the pan. Saved the hassle of trying to butter both sides of a fully constructed sandwich. Thanks Mimi, I will for sure make these again!
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 8 slices of a good bread
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- Dijon mustard
- 8 slices tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- fresh basil or dry basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together Parmesan cheese, soft butter, and garlic powder.
- Build the sandwich as follows--on 4 slices of bread put 1 slice of cheese on each.
- Then put 2 slices of ham on each.
- Spread each ham slice with desired amount of mustard.
- Top with tomato slices and fresh basil, if desired, or just sprinkle a tad of dry basil on it.
- Cover with remaining slices of cheese and second slice of bread.
- Very carefully spread the butter, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder mixture on both sides of the sandwich.
- Place on a griddle and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and serve.