1/1 Photo of Crusty Gluten Free Baguette
2 hrs 30 mins
The recipe was printed awhile back in our local newspaper. It is credited to Shauna James Ahern aka Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. The first time I made the bread the dough was way to wet but the texture of the bread was so good. This time I cut the water by 1/3 cup. While the dough is still pretty soft, I was able to shape it and use my french bread pan to make crusty baguettes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups potato starch
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1In a large mixing bowl add the potato starch, almond flour, oat flour, millet flour, yeast, xanthan gum and kosher salt. With whisk attachment to stand mixer, mix for 30 to 45 seconds or until well combined.
- 2Measure the water into a measuring cup, bread in eggs, 2 tablespoons oil and honey. With the mixer on low speed, add the mixture into the flours. As it begins to incorporate, increase the mixer speed to medium and continue to mix for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- 3With the remaining tablespoons of oil, lightly oil a large dutch oven. Turn the dough into the oiled oven, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. About 20 minutes before end of rise, set oven temperature to 425 degrees and preheat.
- 4Line a 2 section French loaf pan with foil or use foil to make molds for the dough. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the dough in half. Using a wet spatula form the dough into a 9 to 10 inch log, smoothing and wetting spatula as needed. With a sharp knife make 3 slits in each loaf, place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until crusty, golden and a hallow sound when tapped on top of loaf.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Gluten Free Baguette
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 901.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: