Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Although expensive, prime rib is one of the juiciest & most tender cuts of beef - ideal for BBQing over indirect heat. The spice rub takes almost no time to prepare & adds a zesty touch!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 lbs prime rib roast
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl& rub over the roast.
- If you do this ahead of time, cover& refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat 1 burner of a double burner BBQ or the 2 outside burners of a 3 burner BBQ to medium (250F- 300F).
- Place roast ongreased grill over unlit burner; close lid& grill, adjusting heat if necessary to maintain temperature, for 2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 140F (for rare) or 150F for medium-rare.
- Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil& let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
My prime rib was 2lbs. I grilled indirect at 300 degrees for 55min. to an internal temp. of 125 degrees with a 15min rest period. I was looking for med-rare & it was just a little too rare for us. Next time I will try internal temp of 130 degrees. Marinaded for 24hrs. as recommended. The crust was not overpowering & tasted great. I have another prime rib in the freezer & will be using this recipe again. Thank you CountryLady