Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
To make this chicken dish spicier, add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard to flour, in addition to the other seasonings.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Combine flour, garlic salt, salt, celery saltpepper and paprika in paper or plastic bag.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at a time.
- Shake to coat.
- Heat oil to 365°F in electric skillet or on medium-high heat in large heavy skillet Fry chicken 30 to 40 minutes without lowering heat Turn once for even browning.
- Drain on paper towels.
Wonderful flavor and so easy. I followed the instructions exactly using an electric skillet. The crust turned out perfectly and the chicken was tender and moist. Thanks for a great recipe. :-)
Good family food that was fast and easy to prepare. I used the extra cayenne and mustard like RecipeNut suggested and was pleased at that addition.
My kids LOVED this recipe! I did dip the chicken pieces in eggs first. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and cooked them in my deep fryer. It didnt take long to cook at all. I will definitely be making this again for them. Thanks!