Recipe by Baby Chevelle
This is simple but so yummy, you can't believe how good it is. It is the bread that sets it apart from anything similar. I have been making this for years and my husband and I can almost eat a whole loaf by ourselves. You must buy the French Baguette, the kind that will not keep, it must be used the day you buy it. Here in Missouri, I find it at Dierbergs Grocery.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette into 36 slices.
- Butter each slice.
- Break cheese in half and then in half again for 4 pieces for each slice.
- Place cheese on top of buttered bread.
- Put slices of bread on a cookie sheet.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minute watch very closely, or they will burn.