Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mighty tasty on a Saturday morning!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried fig
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) box cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 f. Put dates, figs, water and sugar in a small pot on the stove, and bring to a boil. Boil briefly, to let fruits become soft. Reduce heat a simmer for several minutes.
- Cool. While fruit cools, roll out and flatten crescent roll dough on a floured surface or floured waxed paper, pressing the dough together to create a single, long, flat rectangle.
- Spread crescent dough with fruit, to within an inch of each edge of the dough. Roll up slowly and gently. Slice carefully into "rolls" (snail-like), and lay each roll on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until dough is flaky and light brown, and fruit is bubbly.
- While rolls bake, beat cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar until smooth. When rolls are done, remove from oven. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly, and then spread with cream cheese frosting. Eat warm!