Recipe by Debber
My home state (Wisconsin) lays claim to being the nation's largest producer of cheeses! Here's a recipe featuring two of my favorite foods: cheese and cabbage!
Top Review by manuelpa13
This recipe was given to me years ago by my neighbor who has since passed away. I couldn't find the original so you can imagine how thrilled I was to find it here. The only substitution I make is crackers for the corn flakes. I made this today with cabbage from my garden and had 2 family members ask me for the recipe. This brought back wonderful memories. Thanks so much!
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (no substitutions)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan, set aside.
- Toss cornflakes & butter; sprinkle half into pan.
- Layer cabbage, onion, salt & pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise; spoon over other stuff, sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes (golden brown).