Recipe by Sackville
Chicken and garlic seem made for each other and they both stand out in this dish.
- 25 g margarine or 25 g butter
- 450 g chicken meat, skinned and cut into chunks
- 175 g mushrooms, sliced
- 25 g plain flour
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons low fat creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 5 slices bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- margarine or butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt most of the margarine or butter, add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes, then stir in the flour and cook for another few minutes.
- Gradually add the chicken stock and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Add the crème fraîche, wholegrain mustard and dried tarragon.
- Heat through, season and place in an oven-proof dish.
- Spread the bread lightly with a mixture of the remaining margarine or butter and garlic.
- Cut into triangles and arrange on top of the chicken mixture.
- Cook at 180C or 350F for about 30 minutes until crisp and browned.