Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Will be getting a donut cutter to try this soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Combine flour and butter in mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into flour until slightly smaller than peas.
- Mix in cream and vinegar with a fork.
- Stir in cheese.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- Cut into rings using a doughnut cutter.
- Place rings and centers (holes) on ungreased baking sheet about 1" apart.
- Chill for 30 minute.
- Brush tops with egg white.
- Sprinkle with add'l cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minute or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.