1/1 Photo of Crusty Cheese & Red Pepper Rolls
Chef #1001869's Note:
This REALLY is the most delicious bread roll i have tasted in my life! So tasty and tender! They are the best when they are just out of the oven,still warm! It is Delicious crusty rolls flavoured with cheese and roasted red peppers, and topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds! Great for freezing - to re-heat, simply wrap in foil and pop in a pre-heated oven. Perfect served warm with soups and salads!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g oat bran
- 200 g gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml milk
- 75 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 75 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 75 g roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped (from a jar)
- 1Oven temperature: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- 2Place the oat bran, flour, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 3Stir in most of the grated cheese, 2tbsp of the pumpkin seeds and the chopped peppers.
- 4Add the olive oil and milk and mix together to form a soft dough.
- 5Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces and shape into rough rounds, approx 1inch deep.
- 6Place on a baking tray, top each roll with the remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven for approx 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- 7Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Cheese & Red Pepper Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 589.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: