Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This REALLY is the most delicious bread roll i have tasted in my life! So tasty and tender! They are the best when they are just out of the oven,still warm! It is Delicious crusty rolls flavoured with cheese and roasted red peppers, and topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds! Great for freezing - to re-heat, simply wrap in foil and pop in a pre-heated oven. Perfect served warm with soups and salads!
- 200 g oat bran
- 200 g gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml milk
- 75 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 75 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 75 g roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped (from a jar)
- Oven temperature: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the oat bran, flour, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in most of the grated cheese, 2tbsp of the pumpkin seeds and the chopped peppers.
- Add the olive oil and milk and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces and shape into rough rounds, approx 1inch deep.
- Place on a baking tray, top each roll with the remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven for approx 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
this was like an explosion of different flavours in my mouth!! I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for posting! Next time i'm going to triple the amount because they are so popular in my house!