Recipe by Kat Rahal
Again, found this in my favorite hospital cookbook. A good, hearty comfort dish. Serve with a nice green salad and it is a good meal.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This makes a TON! This was really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the oil and used minced dried onions. I also forgot to add the salt and but we didn't notice. I also used a bit more sauce as my cans were 13 ounce cans. I also used a combination of mozzarello and cheddar cheese. This was so good and we will have lots of leftovers for the weekend. My boys ate this up! YUM!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 (10 1/4 ounce) cans meatless sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fine noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil; add onions and cook until golden.
- Add meat and cook until meat loses it red color, stirring.
- Add spaghetti sauce and salt; heat.
- Arrange in a casserole dish half sauce and half of cheese.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Make another layer noodles.
- Add sauce and top with cheese.