Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy, tasty recipe that can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and then baked before serving.
- 6 cups vegetable broth (Substitute chicken broth or water if preferred)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 225 g spaghettini
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 475 g ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring the broth and garlic to a boil over high heat. If using water, add 1 teaspoon salt along with the garlic.
- Add the pasta and boil, uncovered and stirring often, until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10" pie plate or 8" square baking dish.
- Toss the hot, drained pasta with the onions, tomatoes, seasonings and ricotta.
- Spread in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until golden, about 30 minutes. If preparing the day before, add an additional 10 minutes to the baking time.