1/1 Photo of Crusty Cheddar Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I personally have not tried. Please add your review should you get to it before I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Gently stir to completely dissolve.
- 3With an electric mixer, blend the softened yeast into the cottage cheese, sugar, salt and egg.
- 4Add the flour in 1/2 cup portions to form a stiff but light dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- 5Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and stir the dough down, then add 1 cup of the grated cheddar cheese.
- 6Turn into the buttered dish.
- 7Let rise 30 to 40 minutes longer or until almost doubled in size.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Brush the top with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Cheddar Bread
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 1139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 22.9 g