This is my all-time favorite way to serve cauliflower!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets (about 6 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1 cup muenster cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, sauted in butter
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Cook garlic for 30 seconds, DO NOT BROWN.
- 3Add in tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Stir in cauliflower and toss to coat with the tomato mixture.
- 5Pour in several tbsp of water and cover pan.
- 6Cook for 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- 7Take pan off heat and let cool to room temperature or warm.
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9Butter a casserole dish.
- 10Beat eggs in a large bowl, beat in ricotta cheese, milk, Parmesan, parsley, nutmeg, cayenne, pepper, and muenster.
- 11Stir in cauliflower mixture.
- 12Spread into casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs
- 13Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Cauliflower and Ricotta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 494.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g