Recipe by Asheats
This is my all-time favorite way to serve cauliflower!!!!
Top Review by Queen Roachie
I liked this, but didn't love it... In all fairness tho, it's probably my own fault. I had to use different cheese, such as aged Gouda for the parm, and a Greek Yogurt lactose free for the Muenster, which changed the flavor a bit. I think if I fiddled with the spices a bit I could love this, since I really loved the taste of the cauliflower cooked in the tomatoes. I think had I made it more seasoned it would have appealed more to my own palette, so I'm definitely going to go for it again. I think a spice a little stronger than parsley could really make this for me. I also left off the bread crumbs to save a bit on carbs, and used plain soy as anything made with heated milk seems to spike my levels. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I look forward to making it again and experimenting a bit... and using the right cheese! ;-)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets (about 6 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1 cup muenster cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, sauted in butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic for 30 seconds, DO NOT BROWN.
- Add in tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cauliflower and toss to coat with the tomato mixture.
- Pour in several tbsp of water and cover pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Take pan off heat and let cool to room temperature or warm.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, beat in ricotta cheese, milk, Parmesan, parsley, nutmeg, cayenne, pepper, and muenster.
- Stir in cauliflower mixture.
- Spread into casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.