1/3 Photos of Crusty Catfish Delight
A delight in many ways: very easy to make - a put all together and bake recipe. Tasty combination of fish, tomatoes and orzo pasta. And it can easily be adopted to your needs. It presents the white, firm and delicious catfish in a Mediterranean style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 3 1/2 ounces orzo pasta
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1Preheat oven (375 F, 200 C).
- 2Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Place in an oven-proofed casserole.
- 3Add orzo pasta, sugar, chopped herb leaves, water and salt to taste. Mix well.
- 4Put fish filet on this bed of tomatoes and orzo pasta. Drizzle the lime juice over fishfilets and mixture. Salt the fish filet to taste.
- 5Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan and olive oil in small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the fish filets.
- 6Put into oven and bake for 20 minutes until cooked and crust is lightly brown.
- 7Take out and serve with green salad.
- 8NOTE: You can replace the catfish filet by other fresh or frozen fish filet. Choose the fish you like best.
- 9NOTE: The orzo pasta is not pre-cooked in this recipe. I like it that way, because the pasta will remain more "al dente".
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Catfish Delight
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 470.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: